Chief Operations Officer
In the past 15 years, Simon’s career spanned a transition from Sales to Internet/VOIP, mobile Value-Added-services and most recently to mobile payments.
Simon is a serial entrepreneur. He has set up businesses in Nigeria that ranged from selling on behalf of Bridgestone, Dunlop & Goodyear through to bringing multinational companies such as Phoneserve(UK) into Nigeria for VOIP telephony. Simon has also provided on-the-ground support to companies such as Chocosen, Cadbury-Schweppes, Worldspace and Procter & Gamble. Over the years, he has expanded his own businesses and on behalf of FMCG companies into Ghana and Benin.
Bringing to bear this experience, Simon co-founded 3WC, a value added services provider that provided services to all 4 GSM operators in Nigeria: MTN, Airtel, Globacom and Etisalat. In 2007, 3WC commenced West African expansion and he helped set up business offices in Benin Republic and Ghana.
In 2010, led by Simon, 3WC found an opportunity to provide support to mobile money providers newly licensed under the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Mobile Money Framework. This included technical services and business support to various operators.
Simon pulled a management team together that selected agents, ensured document collection & management, cash collection & management, fraud detection & prevention, marketing material disbursement as well as training and continuous assessment of the agent network across 6 states in Nigeria for two mobile money licensees including Monitise MM Nigeria and Paymee.
In 2012, he moved on from being Group CEO (Nigeria-Ghana-Benin) of 3WC to be the National Coordinating Consultant of the industry group for all mVAS providers in Nigeria (WASPA-Nigeria Gte). He co-founded Rervbox (Nigeria; UK) in January 2013 and he is at present a Consulting Director for 2 VAS firms and a MobileMoney/Agency-Banking concern.
1. Boot-strapping and growing startups
2. Granular hands-on executive management, team building and grooming of talent
3. Adaptation and mapping of case studies and success stories to local scenarios
4. mVAS expert with special strengths in Operator & OEM management
5. User experience tester and service flow design
6. Mobile service creation, using mobile to provide solutions to everyday & lifestyle problems
7. Mobile apps menu build, service flow, test and launch
8. Mobile Money agency management and business structure advisory
9. Deploying and launching mobile and software services in Africa